No Training Department? Use This Tip to Maximize Your On-Boarding Program
I have a quick tip for my fellow Sales Managers out there who are responsible for on-boarding new reps and ensuring they ramp up quickly.
In this quick 3-minute video, I run through how to put together a databases of trivia questions to make a more effective boarding and development program.
Smaller companies, particularly start ups (in my experience), do not have a training department or resources like a Learning Management System (LMS). So, it usually falls to the Sales Manager to put together a solid program for his or her new team member(s).
We already know that putting our reps through a bunch of power points isn’t going to cut it – that doesn’t elicit engagement, nor does it drive retention.
So here’s my tip:
Leverage your marketing materials, webinars, white papers, etc. to create a database of of trivia questions.
It’s a lot of work to build-out but after the initial build it’s just about maintaining the database and keeping it fresh.
Here are few things I’d like to point out:
- The questions can be organized into different categories with associated values.
- The values can correlate with difficulty.
- To keep things interesting, you can format the questions into different styles: Jeopardy, True or False, Fill in the blank, etc.
Here are a few ideas on how to use the database of trivia questions:
1. Developing written and/or oral assessments
2. Trivia games with scoring and prizes
3. Level-setting of knowledge expectations
Benefits – the bottom line:
- Improved morale from building confidence and making learning, fun.
- If you’re also new to the industry, this will be great crash course for you as the manager while picking up some cred along the way with your team.
- But most importantly, this will have a direct impact on your team’s ability to effectively communicate value, which will have a direct impact on the overall sales results.
I cover the process in this quick 3-minute video.
If you’re interested in learning more about what 3Link is up to, please follow us on Instagram, Twitter and/or Facebook. We post daily.
Please contact us at http://www.3LinkSales.com/contact.
See you soon,
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!